I have always been a fan of momos, both steamed and fried. I have always wanted to try making them at home and today I actually did.
Even though my momos lacked the perfect pleats, the taste was quite good. Momos are really easy to make. It’s just CHOP,SAUTÉ, FILL AND FRY.
Now get your veggies and flour and start creating yum!
- All purpose flour- 1 cup (125gms)
- Shredded cabbage- 300gms
- Chopped onion- 200gms
- Grated carrots- 60gms
- Cilantro- 2tbsp
- Green chilly finely chopped- 1
- Grated ginger- 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying and sauteing veggies
- Knead the all purpose flour with around half cup of water. Add salt to taste. You can even add a bit of oil to keep the dough soft and can grease your kneading hand with oil to deal with the sticky dough. Once the dough is kneaded properly, keep it aside for 20 minutes covered in a cloth.
- Now sauté the chopped ginger, onions, cabbage, carrots and green chilly in 2tbsp of oil. Season with salt to taste.Once the veggies are done, it’s time to make the dumpling.
- To make the dumpling, make small balls of kneaded dough and flatten them out into little circles.
- Once flatten, stuff the veggies inside and pleat close the dough.
- Now fry and enjoy with tomato or garlic sauce.