If you’re a fan of zingy chicken, this is a must try recipe.
- Boneless Chicken (cubed) – 500gms
- Onion (minced)- 1/2 cup
- Pepper powder- 1tsp
- Paprika- 1tsp
- Chilly sauce- 1 cup
- Soy sauce- 2 tbsp
- Honey- 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Green chilly (chopped)- 2
- Lemon- 2
- Salt to taste
- All purpose flour
- Eggs- 2
- Marinate the chicken in a pinch of paprika, pepper, salt and garlic paste for at least thirty minutes.
- After marination, deep fry the chicken. Coat the chicken in egg and all-purpose flour and deep fry in oil until they turn golden and crispy.
- Next you make the gravy. Heat oil in a wok or kadai.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste into the oil.
- Add the minced onions and green chillies. Sauté the mixture until the onions become transparent.
- Next you add the red chilly sauce, soy sauce and honey.
- Add in the lemon juice and salt and let the gravy simmer.
- A pinch of pepper can be added if you want it a bit hot.
- Into the gravy, now you add the chopped cilantro.
- Finally add the fried chicken pieces and let them really dunk in the gravy.
- Garnish with spring onions or cilantro.
Enjoy the zingy chicken gravy with noodles or naan.