Today I decided to have tea the English way. With some soft and creamy cucumber sandwiches and a cup of tea, “tea” was an affair at home today.
Cucumber sandwiches are an an easy to make, no cook snack if you have the right ingredients.
To make soft cucumber sandwiches, you need:
- White or brown bread- 4 slices
- English cucumber- 1
- Cream cheese- 1/2 cup
- Chopped fresh dill- 2tbsp
To make your cucumber sandwiches,
- Mix the cream cheese with the chopped dill, salt and pepper. Make suree that the cream cheese is softened before you start making the recipe or the mixing would be difficult.
- Next you peel the cucumber and slice it into thin pieces. If you like your cucumber without the seeds, you can remove the seeds. Before slicing, split open the cucumber into two and scoop out the seeds using a spoon.
- Next you get the bread ready. With a knife, cut off the crust as we want to retain only the white and soft part. (This is totally optional. If you do not want to waste the crust, you can go for the whole bread.)
- Once the bread is ready, spread the cream cheese readied with the seasonings on to the bread pieces. If you are a lover of cream cheese, go spread on generously.
- Now you place the sliced cucumbers on the layer of cream cheese and dill.
- Now you sandwich this with another piece of bread spread with the seasoned cream cheese.
- Cut it into small rectangular or triangular shapes.